A Team Building Competition
Join Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter in building playhouses for children in your community!
Your playhouse entry fee will be used as a donation to fund affordable housing solutions in Lake & Sumter County and of course, cover the cost of the playhouse you will build for a child in need. Playhouses can be built at the location of your choice starting in October, or build on-site December 2nd in downtown Tavares
Completed playhouses will be on display, and revealed to the families, during the Jingle Build-Off event in Downtown Tavares as the kick-off to the celebratory annual Holiday parade!
Who: Your team, building a playhouse in friendly-competition style.
When & Where:
On-Site Event: Saturday, December 2nd @ Wooten Park, lakeside, Tavares, FL
Off-Site Construction: Location and Date of YOUR choice! Anytime, anywhere!
- Teams will be assigned a child to customize a playhouse for no later than 2 weeks prior to the chosen playhouse build date
- All supplies will be provided by Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter
- Teams will be supported by construction staff and qualified volunteers from Habitat Lake-Sumter
- Vote Online! Your playhouse will be part of Habitat’s Virtual Christmas Village for one week, online voting will decide Community Choice for favorite playhouse and winner of the “Jingle Build Playhouse Pro’s” award!
- Families are being selected to receive a playhouse through local schools and community members throughout Lake & Sumter- do you know a family who would benefit from a very special gift this year? Submit an application on their behalf and brighten up their holiday season!
Ready to be a Playhouse Pro? Contact Melanie: (352) 483-0434 x141 or Melanie@habitatLS.org
Want to volunteer? Contact Carlos: (352) 483-0434 x119 or Carlos@habitatLS.org
After completing paperwork email it to melanie@HabitatLS.org
Want to receive a playhouse?