ReStore Assistant Manager – Wildwood, FL
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum of 3 years management related experience, 3 years of customer service related
- Prior work experience required, preferably retail and/or business experience (operations, project management, marketing and finance)
- Computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and the Internet
- Ability to be a player/coach to lead, train, and manage staff and engage volunteers in a positive manner to maintain a highly motivated organizational atmosphere
- Provide customer service oriented decision making in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of POS operating systems
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high levels of customer and donor service.
- Proactively develop relationships with business and neighborhood associations to increase awareness of brand, communicating and collaborating with other Habitat departments regarding cross over opportunities
- Overall support and management of the Stores operation under the Manager
- Maximize store profits based on budgets
- Train staff and adhere to the store policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe store
- Maintain open communication with ReStore Manager and store team on essential and critical daily operations
- Work alongside staff to achieve goals
- Develop goals and daily task lists
- Staff development and performance reviews
- Willing to work a flex schedule (including some Saturdays) as defined by the Manager.
- Maintain updated store signage for events as provided by the Manager and Marketing Departments
- Financial Management
- Implementing and managing financial controls
- Budget management and analysis
- Complete monthly financial summary
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Oversee store inventory, including pricing
- Monitor inventory turnover
- Assist the ReStore Manager with corporate donation solicitation and logistics
- Monitor quality of donations received through drop offs
- Develop relationships with new donors – build relationships in community with community associations and other neighborhood groups
- Ensure that volunteers are actively engaged and have a positive experience
- Monitor and train staff to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure accountability processes that encourage staff responsibility for their job performance and maintain positive morale
- Support and maintain staff culture that aligns with the mission
- Support the ReStore Manager to ensure all HR policies are communicated on a regular basis and stores comply at all times
- Engage with volunteers as needed to maximize their participation and impact on the mission
- Assume as manager and support responsibility to enforce safe work practices by all team members, volunteers, subcontractors and workers at all our locations and events to ensure we meet, if not exceed, OSHA and all HFHLS safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of and operate by the safety policies and procedures for retail environment and transportation activities that look out for the welfare of our customers and donors.
- Exercise outlined protocol by immediately notifying and collaborating with management on any safety related incident and/or respond to a report involving staff or any other related team members (workers, volunteers, and subcontractors).
- If within area of purview initiate and / or provide assistance for the proper investigation regarding safety incidents by following Safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
No calls accepted. To be considered for this role, please email a resume/cv and compensation history/expectation to:
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED. ONLY THOSE SELECTED TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED.
Full-Time ReStore Associate – Groveland, FL
Reports to: ReStore Manager
This position is primarily responsible for performing various duties associated with selling new or used merchandise generally received via donation or corporate procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively with others to ensure mission success consistent with organizational goals, values and strategic direction.
- Receives and sorts merchandise for sale to place in stock and/or discard as appropriate. Stocks shelves and maintain appearance of facility under the direction of the ReStore Manager.
- Assists in loading and/or unloading donations for sale or delivery.
- Provides quality customer service to those who bring in merchandise for resale and those who come into the store to purchase as well.
- May act as cashier who computes or re-computes bills, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due, makes change, cashes checks and issues receipts or tickets to customers. Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand, quotes price and describes features of items for which money is received and gives cash refunds or issues credit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise.
- Perform duties as directed related to store appearance, facility maintenance, and grounds keeping.
- Followed policy guidelines at all times, and performs duties in a manner that ensures the safety of self and others.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer knowledgeable, including Microsoft Word and Database software. Must have willingness to learn other programs as needed.
- Proficiency in delivering exceptional service to customers.
- Ability to lift heavy items on a routine basis, at least 50 pounds, ability to stand for four or more hours at a time (most of a full work day)
Some benefits included:
- Holiday pay
- PTO (paid time off)
- ReStore discounts
- Retirement plan.
You may pick-up and submit an application at any of our locations.
Please call: (352) 429-9052 if you have any questions about the position.
**Also note: MUST be at least 18 years of age and MUST be able to lift up to 50 lbs**
All applicants are subject to a background check
Marketing & Communications Intern
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Eustis Office
The Marketing and Communications Intern is responsible for supporting the development office with aspects of marketing and communications activities, fund development, and program development. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to be flexible, friendly, driven, and act as a team player. This is an unpaid internship and requires some travel within Lake and Sumter counties (must have your own reliable transportation), and on occasion the ability to work on weekends and outside normal business hours. Time commitment frame is of 4-6 months which includes 16 – 32 hours/week based on job duties that week, we are flexible with your schedule such as if you go to school.
- Visit work sites and/or events to take photos and videos of volunteers and homeowners
- Assist in writing communication pieces for social media, press releases, advertising and more
- Assist with the website maintenance and running social media accounts
- Assist in crafting stories for publication in our e-newsletter, or other communication pieces
- Assist in marketing and communication efforts
- Assist Marketing & Communications Coordinator with running campaigns
- Conduct and compile research when necessary for assisting in projects
- Upload and file photos to the common drive
- Visit work sites to interview volunteers and homeowners
- Help with data input
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Staff
- Complete Marketing Project by end of internship
Previous experience working with a Non-Profit in a development role is not necessary, but a keen interest is a must.
- Strong computer skills; Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while working independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Displays tact, diplomacy, and ability to work well with people
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Possess a desire to learn new skills
- Photography &/or videography background
Questions or interested in the unpaid internship please submit your resume to Shari@HabitatLS.org
About Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, FL
Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, FL, founded in 1998, is affiliated with Habitat International; a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity Lake-Sumter, FL is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.