Full-Time Relief Driver/Helper
Reports to: Fleet Manager
This position is primarily responsible for driving trucks to transport materials to and from specified destinations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works cooperatively with others to ensure mission success consistent with organizational goals, values and strategic direction.
- Primarily responsible for the operation of ReStore vehicles for the purpose of delivering sold merchandise or receiving donated goods.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water on a daily basis, and maintains clean appearance of the vehicle both inside and out.
- Operates vehicles in accordance with organizational policy, and complies with federal, state, and local rules and regulations at all times.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with ReStore personnel to receive or offer updates.
- Loads and unloads truck in a manner that complies with organizational safety policy and ensures that anyone assisting complies with same.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs and/or calls for assistance as appropriate.
- Safely secures cargo during transit.
- May perform other duties associated with affiliate operations as needed.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and maintain acceptable driving record.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100+ pounds.
Some benefits included:
- Holiday pay
- PTO (paid time off)
- ReStore discounts
- Retirement plan.
Please visit any of ReStores locations to apply and ask for an application at the counter!
**Also note: MUST be at least 21 years of age and MUST be able to lift up to 50 lbs**
All applicants are subject to a background check
About Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, FL
Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, FL, founded in 1998, is affiliated with Habitat International; a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity Lake-Sumter, FL is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.