Part-Time ReStore Associate – Leesburg, FL
Reports to: ReStore Manager
This position is primarily responsible for performing various duties associated with selling new or used merchandise generally received via donation or corporate procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively with others to ensure mission success consistent with organizational goals, values and strategic direction.
- Receives and sorts merchandise for sale to place in stock and/or discard as appropriate. Stocks shelves and maintain appearance of facility under the direction of the ReStore Manager.
- Assists in loading and/or unloading donations for sale or delivery.
- Provides quality customer service to those who bring in merchandise for resale and those who come into the store to purchase as well.
- May act as cashier who computes or re-computes bills, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due, makes change, cashes checks and issues receipts or tickets to customers. Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand, quotes price and describes features of items for which money is received and gives cash refunds or issues credit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise.
- Perform duties as directed related to store appearance, facility maintenance, and grounds keeping.
- Followed policy guidelines at all times, and performs duties in a manner that ensures the safety of self and others.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer knowledgeable, including Microsoft Word and Database software. Must have willingness to learn other programs as needed.
- Proficiency in delivering exceptional service to customers.
- Ability to lift heavy items on a routine basis, at least 50 pounds, ability to stand for four or more hours at a time (most of a full work day)
Some benefits included:
- Holiday pay
- PTO (paid time off)
- ReStore discounts
- Retirement plan.
You may pick-up and submit an application at any of our locations.
Please call: (352) 728-6366 if you have any questions about the position.
**Also note: MUST be at least 18 years of age and MUST be able to lift up to 50 lbs**
All applicants are subject to a background check
About Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, FL
Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter, FL, founded in 1998, is affiliated with Habitat International; a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity Lake-Sumter, FL is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.