Did you know that donating a car, truck, motorcycle, recreational vehicle, golf cart, or trailer is a great way to support our work in the local community?
It’s simple and easy to do! All net proceeds from the sale of your car donation provides strength, stability and self-reliance for families right here in Lake and Sumter Counties.
Why should I donate my car, boat, or airplane?
- The net proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle will be used locally to build and repair affordable homes
- You may qualify for a tax deduction
- It’s fast and easy
- Thirty percent of cars donated to Habitat are recycled for materials or sold for reusable parts
- Recycling steel uses less energy and natural resources and produces less carbon pollution
- Taking an inefficient older car off the road helps save gas and improves air quality
Need help? Email us at Info@HabitatLS.org
How do I donate a car?
You can donate your vehicle in three easy steps:
- Start your donation by calling us at (352) 483-0434 x115 or email us at Info@HabitatLS.org
- Provide information such as vehicle make, model, vehicle identification number and current mileage
- If your vehicle is accepted, you can schedule your car to be picked up
We accept a wide array of vehicles to help Habitat build safe and affordable homes for families.
In addition to cars and trucks, Cars for Homes welcomes RVs, motorcycles, boats, farm and construction equipment. Your vehicle donation does not have to be running, but it must be whole and have four inflated tires so it can be moved by our towing operators.
Contribute to strength, stability and self-reliance in our community.