October 2, 2023, Courtesy of Shannen Ace
Walt Disney World has announced that they are donating $1.5 million total to 19 Florida non-profit organizations.
Here is the list of Disney Grant recipients:
- Bok Tower Gardens: Inspiring a better and more beautiful world.
- Central Florida Community Arts: Creating an artistic family that celebrates our natural abilities.
- Children’s Home Society of Florida: Building bridges to success for children.
- Christian Service Center: Preventing homelessness, combating poverty, cultivating self-sufficiency and restoring hope.
- Conductive Education Center of Orlando: Transforming the lives of children and adults with motor disabilities.
- Conservation Florida: Protecting Florida’s water, wildlife, and wild places.
- ELEVATE Orlando: Equipping local youth to thrive and contribute to their community.
- Foundation for Foster Children: Creating meaningful connections for children in foster care.
- Habitat for Humanity — Lake & Sumter Counties and Seminole County & Greater Apopka: Bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- Hope Partnership: Providing a holistic continuum of care in order to end homelessness and poverty in Central Florida.
- IDignity: Restoring dignity and hope by providing identification.
- Limbitless Solutions at the University of Central Florida: Empowering confidence and increasing accessibility in the limb difference community through art-infused bionics.
- Orlando Science Center: Inspiring science learning for life.
- Osceola Arts: Promoting, cultivating, and fostering interest and participation in the arts.
- Page 15: Empowering children of all abilities to discover their own voice.
- Steinway Society of Central Florida: Stimulating and nourishing the musical knowledge and artistic talents of disadvantaged youth.
- Volunteers for Community Impact: Ending social isolation.
- Zebra Coalition: Supporting and inspiring LGBTQ+ youth.