Want to Get Involved?
What is a Team Build?
Exactly what it sounds like! A group of people from a company, church, or club who want to get together to work with Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter on a local housing project.
Benefits of Partnering
- Get to know your employees, club, or congregation members on a more personal level.
- Assist in projects that provide a better future for other individuals.
- Provide a deeper connection to the area around you.
- Create a more stable environment for those in need.
- Share an experience that you can take back to the office, club, or church.
- Co-brand your company, club, or church with Habitat – Let us assist in getting your name out in the community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do our Team Build members need prior construction experience?
No, just come as you are. We have jobs and tasks for all skill levels and abilities including construction, beautification, running errands and touch-ups.
Will we get to meet the future Habitat homeowner from our build project?
Habitat’s future homeowners have requirements to fulfill, which we call sweat equity. This includes construction on their home and the homes of others participating in Habitat’s homeownership program. It is possible you will get to work with the homeowners but not guaranteed.
How many people can join and how long will we work?
Groups can range from 5 to 25 based on the location and depth of the project. Typical work days run from 8AM to 1PM.