Every woman can make an impact
Women Build is a national initiative to provide safe and decent homes for families in need of affordable housing. By recruiting, educating and inspiring those in our community to fundraise and build, you can transform lives in our communities.
Join the movement
Each year in March, women (and men) begin their Women Build journey at the Kickoff Party. They celebrate with friends old and new, gather their teammates and set a fundraising goal to help raise the necessary funds to support work on the Women Build houses. Then for the next six weeks, they work with their team to achieve their fundraising goal. Finally, they gather at the pre-build celebration and rally around their fundraising success, recognizing sponsors and participants for their involvement. The coveted High Heel Award goes to the participant who raised the most money, those who reached a $1,000+ funds raised will be inducted into the Sisterhood of the Pink Hard Hats, and all of our men participants will be inducted into the Gentleman’s Committee. After the pre-build celebration, teams and volunteers get to work transforming raw materials into homes.
Lastly, when the time rolls around and the homes are complete, the Women Build participants will all be invited to the Women Build dedications to see the home buyers receive the keys to their new home!
Everyone can make a difference
All women (and men) are invited to build lasting change in their community. There is a job for every skill level from painting and mulching to fundraising and advocating.
- Volunteer at the jobsite
- Gather friends to form a team
- Spread the word
Every donation builds a foundation for a stronger future
Together, we will raise funds to transform raw materials into homes that will offer Women Build families a foundation for a strong future. Ways to get involved:
- Lead a Team: Gather your friends and colleagues to set a goal, fundraise, and then volunteer. Take Girls’ Night to the next level!
- Solo Sign Up: New to the area and don’t know many people? Not a problem. You can join us as an individual and we’ll match you with others…a great way to meet new people!
- Individual donors: Every donation makes a difference and no donation is too small.
- Sponsors: Women Build sponsorship opportunities are an easy way to engage your business in local, life changing impact.
Contact Danielle: (352) 630-3318 or Danielle@HabitatLS.org
Check out the Sponsorship Opportunities…
Countdown to Women Build 2020!