Preservation & Repair Qualification Criteria
- Must own a home that is occupied as a primary residence in Lake or Sumter County for a minimum of 1 year
- Must have homeowner’s insurance or be willing to sign a hold harmless agreement
- Must be at or below the following income limits:
Lake County Residents
1 Person – $24,300
2 Persons – $27,800
3 Persons – $31,250
4 Persons – $34,700
5 Persons – $37,500Sumter County Residents
1 Person – $25,000
2 Persons – $28,550
3 Persons – $32,100
4 Persons – $35,650
5 Persons – $38,550
- Must have exterior repairs, health, safety, or accessibility alterations and/or cosmetic requests.
- All applicable mortgage and property taxes must be current at the time of application.
- Verification of income, ownership, and homeowner’s insurance may be required.
Examples of the kind of work that is completed include:
pressure washing, yard clean up, painting, building/repair wood decks, wheelchair ramps, hand railings, repair/replacement of windows or doors and weatherization of the home.
Qualified applicants may be eligible for critical home repair through this program, which offers more intensive assistance on interior or exterior health, safety, or accessibility modifications. Applicants will be served on a first come, first qualified basis until funding runs out.
We are currently accepting applications!
Please review our criteria and fill out the information screener below if you believe you qualify.