Preservation & Repair Qualification Criteria
- Must own a home that is occupied as a primary residence in Lake or Sumter County for a minimum of 1 year
- Must have homeowner’s insurance or be willing to sign a hold harmless agreement
- Must be at or below the following income limits:
Sumter County Residents
1 Person – $27,900
2 Persons – $31,900
3 Persons – $35,900
4 Persons – $39,850
5 Persons – $43,050Lake County Residents
1 Person – $30,750
2 Persons – $35,150
3 Persons – $39,550
4 Persons – $43,900
5 Persons – $47,450
*Please note that income limits change annually based on USDA guidelines of the Area Median Income calculations. Figures above last released May 2023.
- Must have exterior repairs, health, safety, or accessibility alterations and/or cosmetic requests.
- All applicable mortgage and property taxes must be current at the time of application.
- Verification of income, ownership, and homeowner’s insurance may be required.
Examples of the kind of work that is completed include:
pressure washing, yard clean up, painting, building/repair wood decks, wheelchair ramps, hand railings, repair/replacement of windows or doors and weatherization of the home.
Qualified applicants may be eligible for critical home repair through this program, which offers more intensive assistance on interior or exterior health, safety, or accessibility modifications. Applicants will be served on a first come, first qualified basis until funding runs out.
Once an applicant is served, there is a 3-year waiting period before being eligible to re-apply for assistance through the program. Under the exceptional circumstances that an applicant is involuntarily removed from the program, applicants will be restricted from re-applying for same funding source and will have a 5-year wait period before being eligible to re-apply for the program.
Unfortunately, we are not accepting applications for our basic Preservation and Repair Program.
Special funding may be available – please reach out to see if you may qualify.
In the meantime if you have any questions about the program you can call our main office: (352) 483-0434 or email us: Info@HabitatLS.org